This sample plan features an organization with a narrow mandate. Actual organizations will vary significantly and will require broader analysis and more detailed actions.
Name of Organization:
A. Overview of Programs and Services
- provides supervised recreation activities for youth, adults and seniors
- provides equipment and craft supplies for independent activity
- promotes community engagement
B. Accessibility Achievements
- offers its recreation activities in wheelchair accessible venues
- trains instructors to speak clearly and to ask participants how they can help
- designs print materials and event advertising with large, easy to read fonts
C. Accessibility Barriers
- Registration forms are designed with 10 point font and are not offered in an alternate format, such as a large print version.
- Facilitators do not know how to modify activities to accommodate persons with disabilities.
- Human Resources has not considered how to create barrier-free hiring processes or on-the-job disability accommodations
- Groups representing persons with disabilities or seniors have not been consulted to determine how inclusion could be promoted.
- Website not accessible
Action 2 – Offer and provide information in an accessible format on request
|Action 3 – Staff Awareness and Training|
|Action 4 – Monitor Progress|
Senior Manager's Signature: