The Accessibility Advisory Council (Council) is made up of members of the disability community and affected stakeholders,
including representatives of business, municipalities and other organizations.
The Council makes recommendations to the Minister regarding:
- priorities for accessibility standards, their content and implementation timelines
- activities of government to improve accessibility
- long-term accessibility objectives for Manitoba
Accessibility Advisory Council
Terms of Reference
Council Summaries of Discussion
Accessibility Standard Committees
The Council can create a standard-specific committee to help develop a standard.
- committee members are chosen by the Council
- committee members provide the Council with expertise
- once a standard is enacted, the committee is then retired
Committee meeting summaries are public.